Saturday , 27 May 2017
Home /

Blog Archives

Presidential Council marks off defense minister-designate over Brak Al-Shati attack

The UN-proposed government’s Presidential Council (PC) issued a statement Friday suspending the defense minister-designate, Mahdi Al-Barghathi, following the attack on Brak Al-Shati base in southern Libya by the Third Force and fighters loyal to the defense ministry.

Amnesty International: Militia abductions in Libya include university professor as latest victim

The continuing rise in abductions at the hands of militias highlights how the absence of the rule of law in Libya is fueling chaos and lawlessness and leaving civilians in the country living in fear, said Amnesty International Monday.

NATO assures Presidential Council of assistance in rebuilding Libya’s defence structure

NATO has said it would assist Libya’s Presidential Council to rebuild the country’s defense departments. The announcement was made by Jens Stoltenberg, the organization’s Secretary General at a press conference with Italian Premier Paulo Gentiloni, last week in Rome.

Clashes break ceasefire in southern Libya, PC forms investigation committee

The Presidential Council of the UN-proposed government has decided to form a committee headed by the Minister of Local Governing, Baddad Gansu, to be tasked to communicate with the conflicting parties in the Libyan southern region to reach an agreement by which the ceasefire can commence.