Reports two days ago that former prime minister Ali Zeidan had been freed after being seized in Tripoli are untrue his family says. It says there has been no news from him since the two spoke last Sunday morning.
There are unconfirmed reports that former premier Ali Zeidan who was seized from his Tripoli hotel on Monday has been released and has left the country.
A military delegation of Khalifa Haftar-led Dignity Operation visited Hun and Sokna towns to contain the tension after the killing of a young man from Jufra by Dignity Operation fighters.
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Petroleum Facilities Guard commander Ibrahim Jadhran, the man whose three-year oil export terminal blockade, National Oil Corporation (NOC) chief Mustafa Sanalla has said cost Libya $100 billion in lost revenues.
In an unexpected turn of events, Saiqa commander Wanis Bukhamada is reported to have refused to accept the resignation of Mahmoud Warfali, who has been accused of involvement in the summary execution of a number of Islamic State members.
The acting head of the Tripoli Civil Registry Authority, Khalid Bibas was confirmed today as having been kidnapped by militias in Tripoli yesterday. Another colleague was also reported to have been taken away by an armed group.
The trial of the son of ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi did not meet international standards and he should be brought in front of the International Criminal Court (ICC), the United Nations said today.
Media sources reported Saturday that the trapped families inside Ganfouda district, Benghazi, have run out of food and water after they have lost the sources that used to provide them with their basic needs, adding that they are enduring terrible humanitarian conditions.
A former Emirati police sergeant arrested in Libya’s capital in 2015 on suspicion of espionage has been killed by a member of the intelligence services who was himself shot dead, Tripoli’s state prosecutor said on Wednesday.
The spokesman of the Special Deterrent Force (SDF) Ahmed Salim, said they have filed a case at the Attorney General’s Office including the number and names of the women arrested on charges of terrorism so that they be readied for deportation to their countries of origin.