Friday , 9 December 2022
Home / Normal / War looms in south Libya as defense ministry launches military operation to eliminate Khalifa Haftar forces

War looms in south Libya as defense ministry launches military operation to eliminate Khalifa Haftar forces

The Defense Ministry of UN-proposed government announced on Saturday a new military operation to fight Dignity Operation forces in south Libya.

Spokesman Mohammed Al-Ghasri said Al-Amal Al-Mooad (Awaited Hope) Operation aims to eradicate forces of Mohammed Ben Nayel, a staunch follower of Khalifa Haftar, and ISIS fugitives from the south.

The announcement comes just four days after Mohammed Ben Nayel militants attacked the Third Force in Tamnihint airbase in Sabha.

Military sources revealed that preparations to deploy troops in the south are in full gear.

On Thursday, Misrata Political Bloc, a group of the city’s MPs and politicians, requested the Presidency Council to crush Dignity Operation forces in the south and said an immediate action has become imperative.

Check Also

What has the EU done for Libya so far?

The European Union (EU) is supposed to have a common regional policy, particularly in relation …