Benghazi Defense Brigades (BDB) has issued a statement reassuring that it is still holding firm onto the positions it has seized in the vicinity of the area it has located itself at after handing over the oil terminals to the Petroleum Facilities Guard of the UN-proposed government and after it …
EU states and the US have urged a Russia-backed Libyan warlord to hand back oil ports, after a US warning that Russia was trying to do in Libya what it did in Syria.
Forces loyal to Libyan military strongman Khalifa Haftar on Wednesday overran the entirety of the country’s oil-producing region, after a series of air, sea and ground attacks, Al Jazeera reported.
Reports have emerged highlighting several dozen armed private security contractors from Russia having operated in a part of Libya under the control of regional army leader Khalifa Haftar.
Forces loyal to renegade Libyan general Khalifa Haftar say after heavy fighting they have regained control of the major oil ports of Ras Lanuf and Es Sider in the volatile eastern part of the country, weeks after it was captured by a rival faction.
Petroleum Facilities Guard demands no-fly zone after Haftar’s warplanes targeted oil ports (Video inside)
The Petroleum Facilities Guard’s (PFG) Chief, Edriss Bukhamada, said he has informed the authorities of the Government of National Accord (GNA) tat a no-fly zone at the oil crescent region after the airstrikes of the forces of Khalifa Haftar that targeted the oil facilities of the Libyan people.
Benghazi Defense Brigades (BDB) said it wouldn’t let Libya be the hotbed of terrorists, fights, or threats to the neighbor or regional countries.
There are reports of heavy airstrikes tonight on a range of Benghazi Defence Brigades’ positions from the front line at Al Uqaylah to Ben Jawad in the west. An LNA source claimed that they were the largest raids yet mounted by the air force. He declined to comment on reports …
A force of several dozen armed private security contractors from Russia operated until last month in a part of Libya that is under the control of regional leader Khalifa Haftar, Reuters reported the head of the firm that hired the contractors as saying.
Major General Suleiman Mahmoud Al-Obeidi, the former National Transitional Council military chief, has accused renegade General Khalifa Haftar of forming an army of militias and hiring mercenaries to fight alongside his self-styled army.