The 76-year-old lost upwards of $55 million after he paid for war machinery that were never delivered.
Quick negotiations required for ceasefire, time for Libyans to act to stop Russian and other interference: U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo on Libya
As both the warring Libyan sides pour over every reported phone call and every reported utterance by the international community for signs of support, U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo yesterday urged a quick ceasefire that would lead to political talks. He warned against continued foreign interference.
Turkey dismissed Egypt’s proposal for a ceasefire in Libya, calling the plan an attempt to rescue military commander Khalifa Haftar after his forces were defeated in a 14-month campaign to take the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan National Oil Corporation said the commander of the “Khalid bin al-Walid Battalion”, Yousif Hassan al-Tabawi, coerced workers at El Feel oilfield to stop production at the field again, only a few days after the Hamada valve was reopened.
Libyan National Army commander Khalifa Hafter should publicly renew his 2011 pledge to stop using landmines and instruct fighters under his command and foreign fighters supporting the LNA to stop using landmines and destroy any stocks in their possession, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said last week.
At least seven people were killed Wednesday in landmine explosions in southern Tripoli, a health official said, Anadolu reports.
The Sudanese Popular Congress Party (PCP) on Monday called on the government to “line up with the international community in support of the legitimate government in Libya.”
The European Union’s top diplomat has urged all parties in the conflict in Libya to immediately stop all military operations and engage constructively in peace negotiations.
The Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said “some agreements” were reached with his US counterpart Donald Trump that could herald a “new era” in the conflict in Libya.
A local Libyan channel allied to the UN-recognised Government of National Accord (GNA) has aired a video showing the United Arab Emirate’s (UAE) alleged involvement in military operations in the country.