Tuesday , 17 September 2019
Home / page 5

Blog Archives

Libya’s Al-Sarraj meets with eastern region’s elders delegation in Tunisia

The Head of the Presidential Council Fayez Al-Sarraj met Wednesday with a delegation of Libyan eastern region’s elders in Tunisia, where a rejection was voiced to the “cowardly offensive” in Tripoli by Khalifa Haftar’s forces.

Read More »

44 of Libya’s Parliament members in Tobruk call for pullout from UN-brokered political agreement

44 members of the Libyan House of Representatives (HoR) in Tobruk rejected in a statement on Sunday the UN-brokerd Political Agreement signed in Morocco’s Skhirat resort in December 2015.

Read More »

Libya’s Coming Forever War: Why Backing One Militia Against Another is Not the Solution

On April 15, President Donald Trump telephoned Libyan militia commander Khalifa Haftar and praised his Libyan National Army’s offensive against the internationally recognized government in Tripoli. Citing a “shared vision” for Libya, the U.S. president acknowledged Haftar’s value in fighting terrorism, maintaining oil production, and shepherding the country’s democratic transition.

Read More »

Libyan Salafists fight alongside ‘secular’ Hifter

Libyan military strongman Khalifa Hifter’s westward offensive, which began last month, has dramatically heated up the Libyan civil war. In a statement issued today, European Union foreign ministers warned that the attack could further destabilize the country and said it threatens international peace.

Read More »

Saudi Arabia and Egypt behind Khalifa Haftar’s online propaganda, Italian research finds out

Rome-based Center for International Studies Ce.SI has revealed that Saudi Arabia and Egypt are leading a cyber-war to support the attack of warlord Khalifa Haftar on Tripoli, in a research that targeted 735 thousand news contents between 1st and 14th April 2019.

Read More »

Committee to Protect Journalists calls for release of two abducted Libyan journalists in Tripoli

The Committee to Protect Journalists said Thursday it was gravely concerned about the safety of Mohamed Al-Qarij and Mohamed Al-Shibani, Libyan journalists working for Libya Alahrar TV Channel, who disappeared on May 02 covering fighting in southern Tripoli. 

Read More »