Thursday , 21 November 2019
Home / page 30

Blog Archives

Libyan activist files ICC complaint against eastern General Khalifa Haftar

A human rights and political activist has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court accusing renegade Libyan General Khalifa Haftar of orchestrating war crimes, charges stemming from his war in Benghazi that has left hundreds of people dead.

Read More »

An impossible choice: Why Save the Children cannot endorse returning refugees to Libya

It’s a strange question to kick off the working day on board Save the Children’s rescue ship: Would we rather stop our search and rescue operations completely, and risk people drowning, than return migrants and refugees to Libya? But that’s the question we were forced to ask ourselves – and the answer is clear. This is not an …

Read More »

Spanish NGO says its ship seized by Libyan coastguards, ponders suspension of work

The Spanish NGO Proactiva Open Arms announced Tuesday evening via social networks that its ship, Blue Gulf, had been seized for two hours by the Libya coastguard in international waters and forced to head to Libyan ones, ANSA reported Wednesday.

Read More »

Armed clashes among pro-Haftar gunmen erupted east Derna

Clashes erupted Wednesday among groups of gunmen of Omar Al-Mukhtar operations room near Martuba checkpoint in east Derna. According to eyewitnesses, the gunmen used light weapons to resolve the dispute over who should be controlling the checkpoint that separate Derna from the areas eastward.

Read More »

Human Rights Watch deplores Al-Wefrfalli’s crimes, calls for his surrender to ICC: Press Release

Forces loyal to the Libyan National Army (LNA) in eastern Libya appear to have executed captured fighters in Benghazi and desecrated corpses, Human Rights Watch said today. Video recordings posted online since January 2017 seem to show LNA fighters carrying out seven distinct unlawful executions of “extremists.”

Read More »

ICC warrant for Khalifa Haftar ally Mahmoud al-Werfalli

The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for a senior Libyan military commander allied with Khalifa Haftar who is suspected of involvement in the deaths of 33 people in the eastern city of Benghazi.

Read More »