A private jet belonging to a figure close to retired Libyan warlord Khalifa Haftar flew to Israel on Monday, according to an Israeli journalist.
The spokesman for the General Authority for the Search and Identification of Missing Persons, Abdul Aziz Al-Jaafari has revealed that the number of graves discovered in Tarhuna so far has reached 80, including 43 mass graves and 37 individual graves.
In a strongly worder statement yesterday, Libya’s state National Oil Corporation (NOC) rejected yesterday’s unlawful detention of its board member Abulgasem Shengheer at Mitiga Airport.
The Intercept has revealed that the FBI is investigating a failed 2019 mercenary plot related to the offensive led by Khalifa Haftar on Tripoli in Libya in April 2019, adding that the FBI has sought to determine what role, if any, private military contractor Erik Prince had in the undertaking, …
Khalifa Hafter and Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi in Libya’s first presidential election have hired the same Israeli firm to run their respective election campaigns, an Israeli media outlet reported on Tuesday.
The spokesman for Sirte-Jufra operations room Abdelhadi Drah told The Libya Observer Thursday that reopening the Misrata-Jufra coastal road was underway under the room’s supervision and security of Interior Ministry units.
Identical sources from the southern region said that a force affiliated with the Ministry of Interior, consisting of more than 150 vehicles from the General Administration of Central Support, and the District Support Force, headed by the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Interior, Major General Mahmoud Saeed, had returned to …
The Libya Stabilisation Conference convened in Tripoli on 21 October without any clear agenda or specific objectives. As a result, there were very few realistic expectations. The one-day event brought together representatives of over 30 countries as well as the African Union, the European Union, the Arab League and the …
The first results of a probe from Libya’s Fact-Finding Mission (FFM) commissioned by the UN Human Rights Council, which were released in early October, found evidence of grave violations that possibly include war crimes and crimes against humanity since 2016 in the conflict-stricken North African nation.
The UN Security Council announced Monday that it has added Libyan national Osama Al Kuni Ibrahim to its sanctions list.