Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), Fatou Bensouda confirmed that it has initiated the necessary measures on the aerial bombardment of the immigrants’ centre of Tajoura, Tripoli.
Seven days after Haftar’s bombing of the migrant detention centre in Tajoura, killing 53 people, several migrants exited the facility and began a protest against the delay in their deportations.
The heads of two refugee agencies called on Thursday for refugees and migrants held in Libyan centres to be freed and for countries to take them in.
The United Nations Higher Commission of Refugees (UNHCR) said on Tuesday that the Libyan Interior Ministry had released 350 illegal migrants from a detention center in east of the capital Tripoli.
Some 38 Libyan rights groups yesterday called on the authorities to urgently evacuate the refugees and migrants held in detention centres in the country in the wake of an air strike which killed 60, the Anadolu Agency reported.
Refugees in the Tajoura detention centre in Libya that survived a deadly air strike last week are demanding to be evacuated for fear of another attack.
Survivors of the deadly air strikes on a migrant detention centre in Libya that killed at least 60 people have protested and asked for urgent evacuation.
An air raid on a detention centre in Tripoli that killed and wounded scores of migrants and refugees has intensified calls for a change in policy in the central Mediterranean as thousands of people remain trapped in such facilities amid intense fighting on the outskirts of Libya’s capital.
The United Nations said on Thursday it had information that Libyan guards shot at refugees and migrants trying to flee from air strikes that killed at least 53 people, including six children, in a migrant detention centre, Reuters reports.
East Libya-based forces on Thursday admitted to carrying out an airstrike on a migrant camp that left dozens dead, Anadolu Agency reports.