Tuesday , 27 February 2024
Home / page 49

Blog Archives

Libyan activist files ICC complaint against eastern General Khalifa Haftar

A human rights and political activist has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court accusing renegade Libyan General Khalifa Haftar of orchestrating war crimes, charges stemming from his war in Benghazi that has left hundreds of people dead.

UN: 111 civilians killed, 120 others injured so far in 2017 in Libya

The United Nations said 111 civilians were killed and 120 others were wounded due to fighting so far this year in Libya, including 37 children. The Humanitarian Coordinator of the UN in Libya, Maria Ribeiro, said in a statement on the World Humanitarian Day that the UN is in solidarity …

An impossible choice: Why Save the Children cannot endorse returning refugees to Libya

It’s a strange question to kick off the working day on board Save the Children’s rescue ship: Would we rather stop our search and rescue operations completely, and risk people drowning, than return migrants and refugees to Libya? But that’s the question we were forced to ask ourselves – and the answer is clear. This is not an …

Human Rights Watch deplores Al-Wefrfalli’s crimes, calls for his surrender to ICC: Press Release

Forces loyal to the Libyan National Army (LNA) in eastern Libya appear to have executed captured fighters in Benghazi and desecrated corpses, Human Rights Watch said today. Video recordings posted online since January 2017 seem to show LNA fighters carrying out seven distinct unlawful executions of “extremists.”

ICC warrant for Khalifa Haftar ally Mahmoud al-Werfalli

The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for a senior Libyan military commander allied with Khalifa Haftar who is suspected of involvement in the deaths of 33 people in the eastern city of Benghazi.

Libya mired in ‘culture of impunity’

A Libyan human rights organisation has accused the Libyan National Army (LNA), led by General Khalifa Haftar and its militia supporters in Benghazi, responsible for acts that amount to “crimes against humanity”.

Maetig promises Zliten NATO bomb victims compensation

Presidency council (PC) co-deputy leader Ahmed Maetig has said the families of the those killed by a NATO airstrike during the 2011 revolution on the village of Majer, near Zliten, must have further compensation for their losses. He was speaking in the town yesterday.