Thursday , 18 July 2019
Home / page 3

Blog Archives

Libya’s Interior Minister visits Turkey to activate joint agreements, including security ones

The Interior Minister of the Libyan Government of National Accord (GNA) Fathi Bashagha visited Turkey on Monday and met with the President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to discuss bilateral relations and the current war on Tripoli led by “warlord Khalifa Haftar” as Bashagha repeatedly described him. 

Read More »

Libyan GNA Claims Foreign-Owned Warplanes Behind Strikes on Tripoli

On 4 April, General Khalifa Haftar, whose forces control Eastern Libya, announced the first phase of an offensive intended to gain control of forces loyal to Tripoli, prompting the mobilisation of the defense. In response, armed forces loyal to the Tripoli-based Government of National Accord (GNA) launched a military op …

Read More »

Libya’s GNA to launch offensive on Haftar’s forces ‘within days’

Troops loyal to Libya‘s internationally recognised government are preparing to launch a counteroffensive on renegade commander Khalifa Haftar‘s eastern-based forces currently struggling to maintain their positions along the capital’s southern outskirts, the Government of National Accord’s interior minister said.

Read More »

Libya’s Interior Minister asks Cyprus not to issue passports for Haftar’s sons

The Interior Minister of the Libyan Presidential Council’s government Fathi Bashagha has asked his counterpart in Cyprus not to issue passports for four sons of Khalifa Haftar, after news said they were applying for them currently.

Read More »

Libyan GNA Accuses France of Supporting Haftar, Halts Cooperation With Paris

Earlier in the day, it was reported by The Libya Observer that Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar’s army had regained control over the Tamanhint Base following the withdrawal of the South Protection Force loyal to the Government of National Accord (GNA).

Read More »

Libya’s Foreign Minister says he urged UN Security Council to condemn Haftar for recruiting children

The Libyan Foreign Minister of the Presidential Council Mohammed Sayala has stated that the government has sent a letter to the UN Security Council that urges for condemning Khalifa Haftar for his recruitment of underaged boys within his forces in the attack on Tripoli, in addition to his forces’ airstrikes …

Read More »